PAKISTAN AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH COUNCIL
Advisor on Strategic Planning and Fund Raising
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC) an apex scientific and research organization at national level in the agriculture sector is -looking for an Advisor on Strategic Planning and Fund Raising in PARC funded out of development project titled “Research for Agricultural Development Program (RADP)”. The potential candidates should have following qualifications and relevant experience:-
Qualification/Experience & other requirements
I) An advanced degree in business development, social sciences, international development or related field.
ii) A minimum of 20 years of experience, a significant proportion of which must have been in a leadership role in strategic planning.
iii) Demonstrated ability to reliably contribute to sector development and revamping of development/research organizations.
iv) Expertise in enterprise development and agricultural technologies, especially those serving small farmers and marginalized groups.
v) Excellent ability to work in English, effective oral and written communication skills.
vi) Familiarity with PARC and national and International agricultural research system.
vii) Background and a proven track record in fund raising.
Terms of Reference
• Assess existing programs and projects in terms of their relevance to the changing orientation of PARC as envisioned in the Business Plan.
• Identify key stakeholders, and engage them in a dialogue to elicit and identify issues and concerns, as well as opportunities for undertaking collaborative Projects
• Select and prioritize a small portfolio of most relevant research projects with potential to meet the needs of the stakeholders.
• Develop strategies to implement the agreed research agenda in a collaborative mode, and in a cost effective manner, with clearly stated results, milestones, and a time-frame.
• Develop funding proposals for a few ideas and then pilot them on the ground.
Candidates possessing prescribed qualifications and relevant experience may apply on prescribed form (available on PARC website: www.parc.qov.pk) with complete CV on the given address within fifteen (15) days of publication of advertisement in national press. No TA/DA will be admissible for Interview. PARC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female candidates to apply.
Director (Establishment) Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, 20 Attaturk Avenue, Sector G-5/1, Islamabad Ph# 051-90762280, Fax # 051-90762266
Title of Advisor
Advisor on Strategic Planning and Fund Raising Duration: 120 days (4 months), spread over one year Age: Not more than 55 years Remuneration: Rs. 100,000/-(Fixed per month)