GOVERNMENT OF SINDH – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Chairman — Sindh Revenue Board
Sindh Revenue Board (SRB) is entrusted wilh the iask with administration and collection of Sales Tax on Services provided and rendered in Sindh. Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Chairman, Sindh Revenue Board.
Academic Requirements: The applicant must be a Chartered Accountant / MBA Finance / Masters in Taxation or have Post-Graduate Degree / Diploma in Finance / Taxation / Accounting / Law. Experience: The applicant must have at least 25 years experience of which at least 10 years should be in a Senior management position in a Public Sector (BS-20 or above in Government) or Multinational Corporate organization or a Bank. Work Experience: The applicant must have at least 25 years experience of which at least 10 years of working In a senior position i.e. CEO/COO/Secretary/ Member / Director General (BS-20 or above) in Government. Public Corporation or Multinational Corporation / Bank enabling the candidate to meet all the Job Requirements. Preference would be given to candidates having experience of working at top management in Public or Private Sector.
Management of Board Strategic Planning Policy Formulation Tax Policy — Planning and Implementation Review of all Policies and Procedures
Thorough understanding of Corporate / Commercial and Tax Laws Thorough understanding of Government Rules & Regulations and Labour Laws Budget — Planning & Management
Understanding of the operations and working of Provincial and Federal Legislatures Provide assistance to the Sindh Government on Taxation and Tax Management matters Ability to make Decisions at all levels
Understanding of different Automation systems and effective use thereof Experience of IT and Automation system Management Training Programme — Design & Management
Creating effective and efficient work flows producing productive time management Provide guidance to SRB Team in meeting Tax Collection Targets Management of HR and Administration
Policy Formulation and Management of Internal Controls and Financial Discipline Mechanism
Remuneration: MP1 (Maximum) salary and allied benefits GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
1* The post is contractual for a period of 3 years and extendable further based on performance.
2. Age limit for candidate is maximum 62 years on the last date of submission of application.
3. The candidates who applied for this position in response to the advertisement published in December 2013 are required to apply afresh.
4. Candidates should only apply if they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
5. Only shortlisted candidates would be called tor Test / Interview.
6. No TA/DA will be admissible for Test / Interview
7. Applications must reach to Deputy Secretary (Admin), Finance Department, 1st Floor, A.K Lodhi Block, Sindh Secretariat, Shahra-e-Kamal Ata Turk, Karachi or email: firstname.lastname@example.org within 20 days of publication of this advertisement.
8. Persons in Government / Semi-Government / Public Corporations service should apply through proper channel.
Say No to Corruption
INF-KRY No. 3233/15