Khushhalibank is the largest Microfinance Bank in Pakistan with a mission to provide financial services tailored to low income segments of the market in line with the best local and foreign practices.
Its shareholders include a consortium of blue chip domestic and international investors. The bank has a client-focused environment backed by systems & processes and invests in next generation service delivery channels; spearheading growth in microfinance
industry. Our employees represent a blend of expertise from financial, commercial and FMCG sectors.
The bank is regulated by the State Bank of Pakistan.
Khushhalibank offers challenging opportunities to dynamic and committed individuals with desire to contribute their best towards developing microfinance sector by facilitating access to regulated microfinance services. Currently, the bank offers the following job opportunity.
Company Secretary & Legal Counsel
Planning, administering and reviewing corporate compliance activities,
and effective practices concerning meeting of the Board of Directors and
Shareholders. In addition, ensure compliance with the legal affairs
concerning corporate practices and implementation of Board decisions.
• Arrange and manage the process of calling and holding annual general or special meetings and advise the board on matters to be raised at the meeting for shareholder vote and policies and practices regarding Corporate Social Responsibility.
• Prepare the agenda in consultation with the Chairman and the other documents for all the meetings of the board of directors.
• Arrange with the consultation of chairman the annual and extraordinary general meetings, contribute in these meeting discussions as and when required and advise members on corporate governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies.
• Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
• Develop and oversee the systems that ensure company compliance with provisions of Ordinance and rules, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
• Ensure that business is conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in its memorandum of association.
• Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
• Submit audited accounts, balance sheet, and auditor’s reports to the Registrar of Companies within 10 months of the end of the organization’s financial year.
• Maintain record of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company.
• Keep record of company’s certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association.
• Ensure that regulatory reporting is correct and does not lead to errors resulting in offences under various acts.
• Carry out all matters concerned with the allotment of shares, and issuance of share certificates including maintenance of statutory share register and conducting the appropriate activities connected with share transfers, facilitate payment of dividends and share option schemes.
• Prepare, approve, sign and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company’s behalf, when authorized by the board of the directors or the executive responsible.
• Make arrangement for the payment of the dividend within prescribed period as provided under the provisions of the Ordinance.
• Assess legal documents of the bank and ensure legal protection, file various documents/returns with the Registrar Commission as required under the provisions of the Ordinance.
• Keep under review all legal and regulatory developments affecting the Company’s operations and make sure the Directors are properly informed of same.
• Ensure that bank’s intellectual property rights are protected.
• Oversee legal requirements of the allotment, issuance and transfer of share certificates, mortgages and charges, have been complied with.
• Ensure that all legal formalities like tax payments, assets maintenance, agreements of lease and other obligations are fulfilled in time.
• Ensure that high level secrecy and privacy for all legal data is maintained for the organization.
• Holds Masters in Law (LLM), candidates who are Member of the Institute of Corporate Secretaries will have an added advantage.
• 10 years of relevant experience of Law and Corporate Affairs.
• Thorough understanding of corporate law.
• Strong PC skills particularly in MS Office.
• Well organized with good time management skills.
• Willing to travel.
KBL offers a professional and challenging work environment with endless opportunities for growth with a rewarding career in banking sector. We support university graduates with a high-level of training component to enable them for achieving higher results. Recruiting qualified staff on a permanent basis is one of our key principles as an employer in the servicing Industry. The Bank offers attractive remuneration package with other fringe benefits which include medical benefits for outpatient treatment, hospitalization coverage under a group health policy, group life insurance, incentives and gratuity.
If your aspirations and profile match our criteria, you are encouraged to apply by logging on to our website www.khushhalibank.com.pk/careers latest by August 22, 2015
KBL is an equal opportunity employer, operates under a defined gender mission and encourages females to join its cadres.