Company Secretary Job, Pakistan Petroleum Limited Job
Pakistan Petroleum Limited is one of the largest publicly traded Exploration and Production Company in Pakistan with annual sales exceeding USD 1 billion. The company is looking for a dedicated, experienced and high-caliber skilled professional for the position of Company Secretary.
The position requires the candidate to have the following credentials and experience:
The ideal candidate should possess either of the given qualification:
a) Member of a recognized body of professional accountants, or
b) Member of a recognized body of corporate or chartered secretaries, or
c) Master’s degree in business administration or commerce or a law graduate from Higher Education Commission’s recognized university
At least 15 years of post-qualification relevant experience, comfortable operating at the board level with exceptional communication skills. Experience in, and familiarity with, the oil and gas business is preferred but not necessary.
• Proficient with the provisions of Companies Ordinance 1984, Listing Regulations of the Stock Exchanges, Code of Corporate Governance and Public Sector Companies (Corporate Governance) Rules issued by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and other relevant statutes and able to offer advice and guidance on matters of law and corporate governance
• Able to prepare agenda and papers for board and committee meetings, annual general meetings and draft minutes and resolutions
• Have a good understanding of all matters concerned with allotment of shares and issuance of share certificates, including maintenance of statutory share register and conducting appropriate activities connected with share transfers
• Able to make arrangements for payment of dividends within the prescribed period as provided under the provisions of the Companies Ordinance 1984
• Able to liaise effectively with regulatory bodies
PPL offers a competitive remuneration package along with opportunities for career progression in a congenial environment.
Interested individuals may apply through PPL website at: http.y/www.ppl.com.pk/content/management-jobs latest by December 7, 2015.
Pakistan Petroleum Limited Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.