We are looking for self motivated, dynamic & result oriented individuals, who can perform in cross-functional teams in order to attain optimum results. CVs are invited for following position, based at Maple Leaf Cement Factory Ltd, Iskanderabad, District Mianwali.
Deputy Manager Data Base Administrator-Plant Site
Strategy & Planning:
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
• Participation in planning and development activities (e.g. planning meetings, committees, user interviews, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in the creating short and long range plans for programming support to the team.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. staff, administrators, outside vendors and service providers, etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance, advice and support.
• Well aware to the latest database and application patches and security updates and proper planning to apply patches to keep the application and database(s) up to date.
• To coordinate database activities (e.g. security, upgrades, backup, restoring, database tuning, repairing database systems, auditing, access rights, schedules, jobs etc.) for the purpose of ensuring data accuracy and availability to the end users.
• To perform administrative database activities (e.g. server configuration, disaster and recovery, performance tuning, archiving, data guard & services, cloning, high availability etc.) for providing accurate data to end user with high availability all the time.
• Develops a variety of database support processes (e.g. tech standards, monitoring utilities, tuning/optimization methods, query optimization etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the stability and performance of production databases and the availability of stored data.
• Assists in the testing of application, enhancements and changes for the purpose of ensuring that applications and related systems function appropriately and meet user requirements.
• Monitors the applications and related systems for the purpose of reducing application downtime and ensuring that assigned applications are available
when needed to meet organizational objectives.
• Troubleshoots malfunctions of database systems for the purpose of resolving operational issues and restoring services.
• Upgrades database(s) for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or existing database(s) and related software.
• Monitoring and managing daily backup of all servers on disks as well as on tapes and sending tapes to remote site.
• Ensure safe storage of weekly and monthly tape backups of all servers.
• Data center maintenance operations like monitoring room alerts, maintenance of all application and database servers and house-keeping of data center etc.
• BCS/MCS or equivalent
• Certification in Database Administration 10g,11g, 12c
• Certification in Application Server Administration 10g, 11fl
• Minimum 5 Years of work experience in related field is must
• Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows Server(s), Linux and UNIX.
• Extensive database and application server administration experience.
• Experience of handling, administering, patching, upgrading and cloning of ERP database and ERP applications.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong Interpersonal and Documentation Skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We offer an attractive salary package commensurate
with excellent learning & development opportunities.
Interested incumbents may send their CVs, by
mentioning the position, latest by May 12,2015 or email
Human Resource Department
Maple Leaf Cement Factory Ltd, 42-Lawrence Road Lahore.Tele# 042-36315117