A USAID-Funded program working in the energy sector invites applications for the following position based in Islamabad.
The Environmental Specialist will effectively ensure environmental compliance of EPP’s repair and rehabilitation of thermal and hydroelectric power plants, transmission infrastructure and lends targeted technical assistance to help diversify Pakistan’s fuel mix and deliver state of the art environmental impact assessment’s. These assessments will ensure that EPP’s development activities related to generation and transmission are not only economically sustainable but protective of Pakistan’s environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, or Master’s degree in environmental sciences/management from an accredited university.
• At least 5-8 years of professional and technical experience with increasing level of responsibility in environmental analysis.
• Intimate understanding of Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216 (22 CFR 216) (USAID’s environmental impact assessment procedures).
• Intimate understanding of Biosafety and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) Policy (ADS 201) and environmental procedures (ADS 204).
• Hands-on, working experience in conducting and delivering high-quality environmental assessment and monitoring the environmental compliance of energy projects in Pakistan.
• Demonstrated experience in developing lEEs, ElAs and EMMPs required under USG and GOP environmental regulations; including a clear understanding of environmental mitigation and monitoring issues as and when they may arise.
• Prior experience working with GOP entities and donors, and familiarity with GOP and USG environmental regulations and best practices.
• Fluency in Urdu and English.
Interested candidates may view the job description and details on www.ep-ep.com.pk/opportunities.html and submit their CVs Latest by April 12,2015 on email@example.com Please mention relevant position/title in the subject line.