The National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL) owns and operates the high voltage transmission system in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. The company employs a staff of over nine thousand that is engaged in managing the transmission network that extends into all the provinces of the country and AJK.
The National Transmission and Despatch Company Ltd. (NTDC) intends to engage the following specialists to assist the company in preparing a framework for open access to the transmission system inclusive of wheeling agreements, special purpose transmission lines, and power exchange and settlements systems.
The specialists will report to the Board of Directors and will work with Board of Directors to achieve the objectives set by the Board.
The candidate should have:
• Thorough familiarity with the structure and functioning of the power sector in Pakistan inclusive of generation, transmission, and distribution segments, and should have worked in interdisciplinary teams engaged in development of regulatory and institutional frameworks for the power sector.
• A solid understanding of the current policy and regulatory practices and issues in Pakistan Power Sector.
• A good knowledge of the regulatory practices in place elsewhere in the world for promoting competition and developing electricity markets.
• A master’s degree in law and a minimum of fifteen years of relevant and related experience.
Experience in working on similar assignments with the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank Group
would be highly desirable.
The candidate should have:
• Familiarity with the structure of the power sector and should have worked in interdisciplinary teams engaged in assessment of investment options in power sector.
• Excellent spreadsheet skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimum level of supervision.
• Familiarity with guidelines of international financial institutions such as the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in financial modeling of investments, inclusive of power sector projects.
The candidate should be a qualified Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), or a Fellow Cost & Management
Accountant (FCMA), or should have a master’s degree in business administration or economics.
The period of engagement for the above two positions is anticipated in the range of 8-10 months on
intermittent basis. Market based compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience will be
offered to selected candidates.
Applications along with detailed resume and a recent passport size photograph should reach the Company Secretary, Room No. 407 WAPDA House, Lahore, Pakistan within 14 days of this advertisement. No TA/DA will be admissible for interview.
res Save Electricity for you and for Nation pid(l)2284(15)