Twenty five million Pakistani children between ages five and sixteen are currently out of school. Alif Ailaan is a campaign seeking to make education a central part of the national conversation in Pakistan and spur the necessary public policy to get children into school, and ensure that they receive a quality education. Engaging with the media is a core competence of Alif Ailaan’s work and plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the campaign’s messages are heard. It is vital to ensuring that education becomes and remains a key issue in the national conversation.
We are seeking applications for the position of Media Campaign Manager at Alif Ailaan. The candidate shall work with team members to help take forward Alif Ailaan’s campaigning efforts in the media sphere. The candidate shall also be responsible for ensuring that the activities are combined seamlessly with other campaign projects, vision, and goals.
Following is a broad outline of the role and responsibilities: Help define the campaign’s various calls to action, and key messages
Identify campaignable issues and stories and drive coverage in the print and electronic media Lead the campaign’s relationships with journalists and media persons
Draft campaign press releases Manage media contact and record database Supervise the creation, execution and dissemination of media products (press releases, videos, documentaries, infographics etc.)
Manage creative and media buying agencies to ensure production and placement of large scale media campaigns (TV, radio, print and outdoor) Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualification and skill sets:
1. Capacity to work within a diverse and energetic team committed to a bright future for Pakistan
2. Ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities to raise the profile of education in Pakistan
3. Strong understanding of, and network within, the media landscape
4. Excellent written, presentation and communication skills in Urdu and English
5. A minimum of three years of relevant work experience The successful applicant will enjoy the demands of a holistic campaign, and the pressures of working in a demanding environment.Those that do not have a passion for education in Pakistan should eschew this opportunity. Applicants should submit a short resume and covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21,2015.