On-job Training Opportunity as Associate
Pakistan Petroleum Limited
Pakistan Petroleum Limited is a key player in the hydrocarbon sector for over six decades with consistent track record in youth development. As part of its commitment for capacity building of young professionals, PPL is pleased to offer an on-job training opportunity through a 2-year contract.
Applicants meeting standard eligibility criteria defined below will be required to appear for a written test conducted by National Testing Service (NTS) in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Quetta and Peshawar on Sunday, November 1, 2015.
Standard Eligibility Criteria
• Local or foreign qualified Pakistani nationals with 4-year bachelor’s or master’s degree (minimum 16 years of education) or equivalent from an accredited institution
• Maximum 28 years of age on the date of advertisement
• Throughout first division (60 percent and above) in academic career, spanning matriculation (or equivalent) and above
• Candidates who have graduated in the last two years from the date of advertisement with or without post-qualification experience
• For Information Technology positions, preference will be given to those applicants who have successfully passed SAP Young Professional Programme in addition to fulfilling the standard criteria
Candidates meeting the above criteria are eligible to take the test relevant to their category/ qualification
as per details below:
Discipline Category Number of positions Qualification (for relevant categories) NTS Test Type
Engineering Petroleum Engineering 35 4-year BE/ BS/ BSc or MS recognized GAT A
Mechanical Engineering 10 by Pakistan Engineering Council
Chemical Engineering 5
Civil Engineering 5
Geosciences Geology Geophysics 10 10 4-year BSc/ MSc in Geosciences/ Geological Engineering GAT C
Information Technology Computer Sciences/ Engineering 5 4-year BSc/ BCS/ BS or MCS GAT C
4-year BE GAT A
Miscellaneous Support Services Administration/ Lands & Licenses/ Community Development (for well sites & fields) 20 4-year BBA or MBA degree holders in any specialization GAT A
Procurement/ Finance (for well sites & fields)
Human Resources/ Industrial Relations
NTS Test Score Requirement
• Minimum 60 percent for candidates from a
• Minimum 50 percent for those belonging to PPL’s producing fields. Besides, these candidates will be given 10 grace marks in NTS test
How To Apply?
Candidates meeting the above standard eligibility criteria may register themselves with NTS by paying a non-refundable fee of Rs. 750 latest by October 4, 2015.
Applications sent directly to PPL in contravention of prescribed procedure will not be entertained For registration please visit: www.nts.org.pk
Information on application procedure is also available on the PPL website at: www.ppl.com.pk
All candidates will be short-listed on merit as per Government of Pakistan’s quota applied to the number
of available positions and called for interviews accordingly
Final selection will be subject to clearing the test and interview, degree verification, security and medical clearance.
The two-year on-job training programme does not constitute an employer-employee relationship and there is no obligation on the company to offer regular employment to Associates on completion of the contract period.