The International Rescue Committee, Inc. (IRC) is a private international, nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. IRC under its USAJD-funded Pakistan Reading Project is currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the Senior Director Operations position based in Islamabad.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Director Operations plays a key role in the overall leadership and management of Operations and is a member of the Senior Management Team. The position will be based in Islamabad but will require frequent travel to all the PRP Offices. The Senior Director Operations works closely with the Senior Management Team in the field and in Islamabad to ensure effective communication and coordination. The responsibilities include overall leadership and management of administration, supply chain, compliance, security and information technology The Senior Director Operations will work under the leadership of the Chief of Party (COP).
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: Chief of Party and other senior office staff
External: External to the PRP Office: Regional Operations, Global Supply Chain, and other key Program Staff.
• External to IRC: Service Managers. Vendors. Donor and local government staff, procurement (taxation and regulation related). External Audtors
MBA or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration. Business Management, Commerce or Information Technology with a recognized professional certificate in Information Technology
• At least 12 years of relevant technical experience in managing and implementing development programs in developing countries, particularly in
• Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with USAID funding
• Diverse background h operations, with strong understanding of administration suppty chah, security information technology; and business processes
• Proven experience wth leading edge hardware, software and social media technologies for education systems at pre-service and in-service lewis
• Experience with USAID funded projects is an asset
• At least 10-years of experience as a proactive member of several top-management teams.
• Three years of Expat Experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
• Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, management, communication, and interpersonal skils
• Solid understanding of the Pakistani context, prior experience in Pakistan or the region preferred
• Strong Computer skills: facility with MS Word. Excel, various project management software
• Strong interpersonal and trailing skis, with demonstrated cultural sensitivty and experience working with large and geographical dispersed team
• Proven skis to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management appropriate to effect solutions.
• Proven reputation to function effectively in a loosely structured, but complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous reqiirements.
• Proven ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the program organization
• Good communicator with ability to work in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures / languages
• Good facilitator and team player
• Committed to staff training and development.
Interested candidates fulfilling the requirements can log on to http://www.res<ue.org/care«rs & http://prp.roicc.pk or send their CVs to P.O. Box 1560. GPO Islamabad
Sr. Director Operations
NOTE: IRC is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.