Directorate of Staff Development School Education Department, Government of Punjab
Directorate of Staff Development has developed a Continuous Professional Development Programme for training and professional development of public school teachers in Punjab. For implementation of the programme, DSD has established District Training & Support Centres (DTSCs) in 36 districts of the Punjab. In each DTSC, 3-5 Teacher Educators are placed to monitor CPD activities in the field and provide practical input for professional development of teachers in the field. They are responsible for training, mentoring, professional development and whole school development in their respective district. Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following posts:
• Eligibility Criteria: In-service teachers of BS-16 and above, who are regular employees of Education Department, Government of the Punjab for placement as Teacher Educator through transfer and for suitable candidates from Private Sector (on contract basis). Further detail are as under:
Name of Post Catetory with Pay Eligibilty
1. Teacher Educator 1. TEs from Govt Sector For the public school teachers regular pay and allowances in their respective pay scale plus 1/3 basic pay as drawn on 30-06-2011 of their respective pay scale. 2. TEs from Private Sector Usual Pay and Allowances of BS-17 plus social security allowance. 1. Master Degree in any academic discipline. Preference will j>e given to M.Phil / Ph.D Degree holders. 2. Maximum age limit is 45 years on closing date of applications. Govt employees working in BPS-17 who are otherwise eligible can apply for appointment through transfer. 3. Minimum 8 years teaching/work experience in the relevant field is required. 4. Domicile: All Punjab basis. 5. Incomplete applications will be rejected instantly. 6. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. 7. To Qualify for the interview passing the computer test is mandatory.
1. The post of Teacher Educator is Programme/Project post, purely on Contract Basis and liable to be terminated any time by the Competent Authority with Contract Appointment policy of Govt of the Punjab.
2. Every TE will be appointed at a specified DTSC on the basis of merit and his/her choice
3. The post of TE is district specific and is non-transferable.
4. Maximum duration for the post of TE is three years or closure of CPD Programme which ever is earlier, which may be extended by DSD on satisfactory performance.
5. No long/study leave is allowed during the tenure.
6. 5% of the posts are reserved for female candidates. Candidates applying against these seats must submit application separately, mentioning on application with Red Ink “Women Quota Seat”. Selection of female candidates against quota reserved for them shall be made on the basis of merit amongst female candidates.
7. 2% of the posts are reserved for disabled persons (provide disability certificate from the concerned Medical Board). Selection of disabled candidates against quota reserved for them shall be made on the basis of merit amongst disabled candidates.
8. No TA/DA for test/interview is admissible. DSD reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of posts or cancel the recruitment process at any stage.
9. Government employees will apply through proper channel.
10. Hand written applications along with detailed CV, copies of testimonials and one passport size fresh photograph must reach DSD Reception Desk, Directorate of Staff Development Punjab Wahdat colony Lahore bv November 20, 2014 (Friday) by 3.00 pm.
11. For further information, please call DSD Reception Desk Phone No. 042-99260108 or visit website: www.dsd.edu.pk
PROGRAMME DIRECTOR DIRECTORATE OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT PUNJAB IPL-14046 WAHDAT COLONY LAHORE