Technical Adviser Job, Islamabad Giz Job
Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Programme
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
GIZ implements on behalf of the German Ministry of Development Cooperation (BMZ) the project on promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (REEE). In this regard, the GIZ advises governmental partners, companies or industrial associations on topics pertaining to REEE, which is seeking a potential candidate for the following position for its office in Islamabad.
Job title: Technical Advisor for Policy and Market-Based Instruments
(Reference No. REEE 2015/010)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Managing all the project activities and documentation pertaining to climate change mitigation and adaptation
• Assesses and manages potential public-private-partnership (PPP) and any Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA) projects that the GIZ RE-EE project may support/undertake
• Advises partner institution(s) on order clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input related to energy policies and strategies, regulations for green finance (both large-scale and micro finance) and development/application of market-based instruments including NAMAs and other climate change mechanisms
• A minimum of 6 years’ professional experience in the energy sector with at least one year with managerial responsibilities. Work experience within the development sector and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation would be considered positives.
• Proven work experience with any development organization
• Willingness to travel for the performance of his/her duties when required
Interested candidates can request for detailed job description through mail from qiz-Dakistanfirstname.lastname@example.org while clearly mentioning the Job title and Reference no. as subject line till 7m December 2015. Application clearly mentioning the job title and reference no. on the envelope with a covering letter and CV to be sent latest by 10,h December 2015 at P.O. Box 2993, Islamabad. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates will be highly encouraged to apply for the position. Electronic submission is not accepted.