The Micronutrient Initiative (www.micronutrient.org) is an international Non-Govemmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to ensuring that the world’s most vulnerable especially women and children in developing countries get the vitamins and minerals they need to survive and thrive. The Micronutrient Initiative Pakistan wants to fill the following position:
UNIVERSAL SALT IODIZATION FIELD OFFICER lUSI-FOs!
The Micronutrient Initiative (Ml) is assisting the Government of Pakistan, Provincial as well as Regional Governments (AJK.GB & FATA) in implementing USI program in 110 salt processing districts of the country. For better monitoring, supervision and quality control of the program in the target districts, Ml has placed USI Field Officer at the field level. Ml has to fill some vacant position, for which the services of competent and dedicated professionals (male/female) are required to work as USI Field Officer. These positions are based at Lahore, Gujranwala, Dera Ghazi Khan, and Okara in Punjab Province, for respective zones. The USI Field Officerwould;
• Coordinate USI activities in the field among the key stakeholders i.e. DoH, EDO Health/DHO Officers, Salt sector WFP, UNICEF, Ml etc.
• Monitor/supervise logistics supply to the salt producers/processors including Potassium lodate, drip-feeds, rapid test kits (RKTs), mixers etc.
• Support regional or district level activities for improving adequate iodization of salt production level, availability of adequately iodized salt in the market and utilization of iodized salt at household levels.
• Monitor and maintain quality assurance of iodized salt at production, storage and market levels and Quality Control Laboratories (QCL) & Reference laboratories and theirfunctions.
• Regular reporting and feedback about USI activities, issues and bottlenecks faced in the Field.
• Facilitate and implement trainings and other capacity building activities in the assigned districts especially capacity building of DFP’s to take over the role of the USI FO.
• Make other required efforts toward achieving and sustaining 100% Adequate Salt Iodization in the respective districts.
• Work in close liaison with PMs, under supervision and guidance of the NPM IDD/USI and Country Directorof the Micronutrient Initiative.
• Provide regular feed-back on program progress to Ml provincial and country office.
• Assist EDO-Hs/DHOs/DFPs in overall execution of the program including monitoring and supervision, monthly reporting, planning (agenda, minutes, and follow up) and attending District IDDC Committees meeting and other relevant meeting as and when required.
Qualification & Experience: University degree from recognized university with 3 years experience in field work and community mobilization. Candidate having experience of working with International Development Organization will be preferred. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, writing skills and ability and to work as a team member. Fluency in spoken and written English & Urdu is mandatory. He/She should well versed with Microsoft office application.
Interested candidate should email CV along with a write-up (300-400 words) explaining their suitability for the position to Ml at mjpakfe&DlSmteawullfeOliSB by August 09,2015. The application should be in Ms ^^ word and have subject “USI-Field Officer”. Candidate residing in the area of allocation would be preferred^